I am in Hannah Marcotti's Community Grace workshop right now, and learning so much. One of our prompts is to put together a list of things that inspire us currently. Desiring to branch out more with my blog, I figured I would share this list with my readers. Perhaps you could draw some inspiration...
- I love learning how Kathryn used yoga in life. One of my favourite quotes from her book is, "Becoming the mother of sons taught me that little boys have feelings and tears, that they harbor sadness and worries, that they're capable of astonishing moments of humor and insight; and it taught me that these miraculous baby boys grow into young men who still have these qualities, who still cry, and bleed both physically and spiritually...I gave birth to the children I needed."
- I was frustrated recently with some limitations as far as exercise is concerned, and a close friend suggested walking. I love it. I come up with ideas and answers while taking the time to move my body. I love when my walks include water (we have rivers in a couple places I enjoy walking), but I alway feel better when I walk, regardless.
- All sorts...I especially love music that makes me feel sultry and inspired to move my body. Maybe I will make a list of music that inspires me sometime...
Creative Spotlights on the Blog
- I am constantly inspired by featured guests here. What amazing creatives. So many ideas, so much sincerity and passion, and always amazing work.
- I love cooking. I've been known to get pretty emotional about it...the smells, the colours...it's ritual to me. My current favourite treat is homemade decaf spiced pumpkin lattes. In fact, I'm enjoying one today!
- What a resource. I use it for menu planning, creative ideas, planning for future workshops, decorating, connecting with people, curating, collecting quotes I appreciate, etc.
What I'm listening to today...Phantom of the Opera. Any ideas you'd like to share?